Emeralds are beautiful and they’re unique gemstones that can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to any outfit. This gemstone can be worn for many different occasions. With so many shades and styles, it can be tough deciding on the right one that suits you. Don’t worry though, help is here!
Defining Your Style
When choosing an emerald, take time to consider what style suits you best. Is it classic and timeless pieces or modern jewellery that speak to your heart? Do statements make more of an impression or do quieter designs catch the eye first with their beautiful complexities? Once you’ve figured out which direction fits your personality well, then narrowing down the options becomes much easier!
Decide What Kind Of Emerald You Want
Now that you know what style you’re going for, it’s time to decide on the type of emerald you want. The main three sources of emeralds are Colombia, Zambia and Brazil. They all have their own unique characteristics which can vary depending on quality, but it’s important to know that prices will differ based on the type you choose as well!
- Colombian Emeralds – are known for their rich green colour and high clarity. They’re the most expensive type of emerald on the market. They’re also one-of-a-kind in terms that they cannot be matched by any other stone with similar properties or traits because each piece is completely different from what comes before it!
- Zambian Emeralds – are beautiful stones with an interesting history. The colour of these stones can range from light green to dark, which makes them more intense than their Colombian counterparts, which often have lighter hues and sometimes even bluish tints running through them! They are slightly cheaper than Colombian emeralds.
- Brazilian Emeralds – are the most affordable type of emerald. With their affordability, Brazilian emeralds have become quite popular in recent years. The most widespread type of green they come from is the lighter shade and it can be seen commonly worn by many people around us today!
Consider The ‘Four Cs’
When shopping for emeralds, it’s important to keep in mind the Four Cs, which stand for colour, cut, clarity, and carat weight. These are the main factors that affect an emerald’s value.
- Colour: Emeralds come in a variety of colours, but green is the most prized. Emerald can also be found with blue-green or yellow-green hues to mix things up just that little bit more! Custom emerald engagement rings from Ringleaders as well as from other jewellery designers have been gaining popularity today, so find a colour that suits you and your style best.
- Cut: Emeralds grown in nature typically come with an irregular shape. However, when they are cut and polished by a craftsman, the stone becomes standardly shaped – oval or rectangular. The way it’s cubed can significantly affect its value as well!
- Clarity: Emeralds that have few inclusions are more valuable than those with many. Inclusions are imperfections that can negatively affect a gemstone’s clarity and overall quality. Therefore, emeralds with fewer inclusions are more highly prized by jewellers and collectors.
- Carat Weight: When buying an emerald, it’s important to know how many carats are in the stone. This way you can decide if purchasing a larger or smaller gemstone is more suitable for your needs and lifestyle decisions!
Work With A Reputable Jeweller
Emeralds are one of the most valuable gemstones, so it’s important to find a reputable jeweller you can trust. Do your research and read reviews before making any purchases – if something sounds too good or bad for its own good, then there might be issues with that shop! A great place will always answer all questions asked by their customers as well as help them choose an emerald in line with what they’re looking for specifically; don’t settle on anything less than perfect just because someone says ‘yes’ right off the bat.
Shop Around For The Best Deal
Emeralds are one of the most expensive gems on earth, so it’s important to shop around for prices. Comparison shopping can save you some major change in your wallet! Stores often run sales or promotions that will help cut down what would have been an otherwise costly purchase – just make sure not to forget about shipping costs when comparing deals between stores, since they vary quite significantly from company to company.
Have The Emerald Appraised
The perfect emerald is hard to find, which means that once you’ve found it – even if there are only two in existence – your purchase should be appraised. This will help determine its value, and make sure customers like yourself never get taken advantage of by dealers looking for any reason they can get away with giving lower prices than what’s on paper!
Emeralds come in many shades and hues, but the most sought-after colour is green. Whether you are drawn to cool or warm tones, there is an emerald out there that will complement your style. So take your time when selecting an emerald, and let your natural intuition be your guide. With a little bit of knowledge about these beautiful gems, you can find the perfect emerald to add to your collection. With such a wide variety of options available, it’s easy to find an emerald that will make you feel confident and beautiful.